Due to the fact that we cannot see our back, we often tend to forget about it. We might not notice how the muscles of physical activity are getting deprived with our slouching. Thus, they tend to become slack and some annoying folds might appear.
This is why we are here today to present you with some simple and effective exercises, which if you do at home for about 2-3 weeks, you will tone the back muscles.
7 Exercises to Tone the Back Muscles
1. The Bridge
This one will help immensely. However, you need to warm up before you do it. Try the bridge a couple of weeks after some regular workouts. This is how to do it:
- Begin by lying on your back with the legs bent at the knees. Just press the palms to the floor above your head.
- Start by lifting the hips gently and the shoulders up, at the same time bending your back.
- Then, hold at the highest point for a couple of seconds.
- Return to initial position by lowering the back gently to the floor.
- Do 1-2 sets, for 3-5 seconds.
2. Upper Back Lifts on Stability Ball
- First, lie on the ball on the belly.
- Then, fix the legs to be shoulder-width on the floor.
- Place the hands on the behind the head.
- Finally, raise and lower the shoulders and upper back while you keep the neck straight.
- Do 1-2 sets, with 12-15 repetitions.
- Begin by lying on the stomach, stretching the arms and legs.
- Then, raise both the arms and legs at the same time, while you bend the back.
- Just stay in this position for a couple of seconds.
- Return to initial position.
- Do 3-4 sets, with 15-20 repetitions.
4. Bow Pose
- Begin on your stomach.
- Then, pull the arms forward.
- Just bend the back while you lift the head, arms and legs at the same time.
- Grab the ankles.
- Next, inhale deeply and stay like this for a few seconds.
- Finally, exhale and relax the muscles while you return to initial position.
- Do 1 set of 20-60 seconds.
- Begin with a plank position.
- Shift the center of the gravity to the arms.
- Then, lower the body and bend the arms at the elbows.
- Return to the initial position.
- Do 2-3 sets of 20-30 push-ups.
6. Side Bends
- Stand straight with the feet at shoulder-width apart.
- Raise the one hand up and put the palm on the back of the head.
- Just take a dumbbell in the other hand and lower it down.
- Make sure you do short bends toward the arm with the dumbbell.
- Do 3 sets of 15-20 repetitions.
7. Forward Bends
- Stand straight with your feet at shoulder-width apart.
- Then, lean forward without bending the knees.
- Try to get to the floor with the hands.
- Reach the floor.
- Do 2-3 sets with 10-15 repetitions.
These are all the exercises you need to do. Not only will you get rid of the back pain but you will also get rid of the folds on the back and sides and you will feel better than ever!